Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas 2016


From  our Christmas season...

1 week prior to Christmas we started our festivities by watching Rudolph and decorating the tree. It was my first viewing I could recall.

Then off to see Santa. It was the first time I was not scared. I asked for a blue present with some surprises inside and a book about "meows". 

I put together the countdown tree multiple times. 

On December 23rd we decorated graham cracker houses. I put a lot of "M&Ms" (skittles) on mine. It also started to snow on the 23rd and continue through Christmas day. We had 6-8 inches. It was quite the white Christmas. We went to see Grandma and Grandpa on Christmas Eve and the 45 minute drive was 90 minutes in the snow. I fell asleep on the way home. I also really wanted to build a snowman. It was powdery snow so the snowman did not quite turn out round. Mom let us skip a fancy dinner and we had tubside service in the bath with a simple dinner so there was time for making gingerbread cookies and watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.

On Christmas morning everyone was waiting for me to wake up - I was the groggy one who slept in until 8:30. But there were my blue packages waiting for me with some Calico Critters, a musical lamb, and lots of other surprises. It took me all day to make it through my gifts. I preferred to play as I opened. 

It was a wonderful Christmas season.

















No comments:

Post a Comment