Monday, November 25, 2013

First Bath...

I was not entirely sure if I was going to like my first bath but once I realized I was floating in warm water it must have sparked some memories and I was instantly calm and happy. I also very much enjoyed watching my older siblings play and splash as I had my soak. 

I had to wait until I was 16 days old to get my bath because after my umbilical stump fell off around Day 6 or 7 I had a granuloma at the site. My nurse practitioner primary care provider Nurse N used some silver nitrate to remove it (I did not feel a thing - no nerves there). Then I had to wait for it to heal. Mom was pretty happy to give me a bath - I must have been getting a little stinky.

Oh, and I really don't like getting out of the warm bath and also do no like sink baths. These are right up there with being in my car seat (really don't like it).

Here are some photos from that first experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment